Last updated: (05/07/2017)
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number, or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through ChannelCenter’s Services, or that it gathers as a result of your use of ChannelCenter’s Services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- If ChannelCenter is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided it has collected and retained an email address for you, ChannelCenter will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or ChannelCenter is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information ChannelCenter Collects
ChannelCenter may collect personal information through its Services, including without limitation:
- when you provide ChannelCenter with your personal information such as by sending an email to them or signing up to receive updates from ChannelCenter;
- when you subscribe to one of ChannelCenter’s email lists;
- when you create a ChannelCenter account (a log-in for any ChannelCenter Services);
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums ChannelCenter may make available through its Services.
What ChannelCenter Does with Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters: ChannelCenter uses the personal information you provide when you send ChannelCenter emails or sign up to receive updates from ChannelCenter in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about ChannelCenter news and campaigns.
Personal information submitted as part of any ChannelCenter email discussion lists is used for the purpose of managing the discussion lists. Your name and email address will typically be visible to other list participants when you correspond on the list and to the general public in the discussion archives.
Events: If you sign up for an event hosted or run by ChannelCenter, they may share your personal information with vendors and third-party contractors solely for the purpose of organizing and running the event.
Participating in the ChannelCenter Community
Registered Users: When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Services, you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. The name you provide in connection with your account may be used to attribute you in connection with any content you submit to any Service. ChannelCenter also uses that personal information to establish and maintain your account, to provide you with the features provided to Registered Users, and to email you regarding changes to this policy or other applicable policies. If you sign up to receive updates from ChannelCenter when you create your account, ChannelCenter will use your personal information to send you communications about ChannelCenter news and campaigns.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not ChannelCenter’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. ChannelCenter may share your personal information in two instances:
First, ChannelCenter may share personal information with its contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Services, or to organize and run an event you signed up to attend.
If ChannelCenter is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided it has collected and retained an email address for you, ChannelCenter will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or ChannelCenter is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
ChannelCenter has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that ChannelCenter stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent ChannelCenter’s security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. ChannelCenter will post a reasonably prominent notice if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non-Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
ChannelCenter’s Data Usage Policy covers how it maintains and uses information about you that is collected by its Services, including when you log into a website using your ChannelCenter ID.
Non-Personal Browsing Information ChannelCenter Collects
When you use ChannelCenter’s Services, its servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting ChannelCenter websites and information about the browser you are using. In addition, whenever you use your ChannelCenter ID to log into a website, ChannelCenter’s servers (which, again, may be hosted by a third party service provider) keep a log of the websites you visit and when you visit them.
ChannelCenter does not intentionally link browsing information or information from its server logs to the personal information you submit to ChannelCenter. The company uses this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve its Services, and for systems administration purposes. ChannelCenter may use a third-party analytics provider to help it collect and analyze non-personal browsing information through operation of its Services for those same purposes.
No Selling or Sharing
If ChannelCenter is required to provide a third party with your non-personal browsing information or to log in on behalf of a user (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then ChannelCenter will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless ChannelCenter is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
21-06-2017 (21 June 2017). Currently no archive of previous ChannelCenter privacy policies exists.